some of what we've been working on hasn't been fun stuff.. mostly mechanical systems and landscaping (that part is fun)
- the boiler install was completed without any issue.. and seems to working just fine.
- we broke down and had central air installed.. all it took was one day in April that was over 90 degrees and we started shopping around for contractors. seriously, i don't know why i would even entertain the idea of living without AC..
- there has been major landscaping going on around here of which I can take ZERO credit.. Glenn is like edward scissorhands chopping things down, moving plants around and planting new grass both in the back yard and front yard... I will post some photos of his progress later.
- we re-tiled the front vestibule.. this is one that i'm pretty proud of and i'll do a separate post on soon.
- we put up some new house numbers, exterior wall sconces and purchased some really great porch furniture.. it's looking pretty good.
- we have completely cleared out the third floor of all the stuff that migrated up there after we moved and have begun to work on the space. we had a few extra outlets installed and are now beginning to skim coat the walls.. more to come!
- we still HATE our kitchen! although i have come up with numerous schemes for what i want to do with the space and hopefully we'll get the funds together soon so that i can actually put together a meal without having to balance things on my head while cooking. the lack of counter space is ridiculous.. and it's hideous... and did i mention i HATE it?